Increases in E/E design complexity demand powerful tools
Electrical Design cannot be done in isolation.
Why Digitalize E/E Systems and Wire Harnesses?
Our Capital Solution is a unique, model based software for OEM operations who want to boost competitiveness & profitability. Developed by industry experts in one of the world’s largest companies, it creates a digitalized “design through manufacturing engineering” flow with powerful automation, simulation and integration. Capital will transform a company’s engineering prowess & manufacturing efficiency.
Digitalization commonly delivers clear business benefits:
- Improved design quality, because designs can be simulated and verified versus requirements.
- Improved efficiency and reduced costs, because processes and the products themselves can be optimized more easily.
- Compressed timescales, because assets can be re-used and complex tasks can be automated.
- Enhanced innovation, because engineering talent can be liberate to focus on creative problem solving.
Reduce the cost of 1st time quality
Electrical systems are very complicated. Without digitalization Simulation, verification and traceability is difficult.
Create cheaper, more efficient, functional products
Harness manufacturing is a complex process. Without digitalization optimization for cost, weight, space,and other targets cannot be achieved.
Reduce development costs and cycle times
Design change is constant. Without digitalization design changes are difficult to execute, and accurately pass through to manufacturing and documentation.
Capture intellectual property currently stored as tribal knowledge
Creative engineers want to be liberated from mundane tasks. Without digitalization assets cannot easily be re-used or re-purposed. Corporate IP cannot be leveraged.
Digitalization in action
Electrical and mechanical design are intimately linked. Failure to create a managed digital thread between these disciplines has caused very costly problems.
Electrical systems engineering is not just electro mechanical in nature. Adjacent disciplines include requirements engineering, systems modeling, product planning, electronic design, platform verification, workflow orchestration, supplier integration, manufacturing execution, and lifecycle services.
Our Solution is a truely connected solution for Design Engineering, Product Engineering, Formboard, Manufacturing, Sub-Assemblies, BOM & Costing, Line Balancing and Work Instructions.
- Quote-to-production cycle time reduction 30% 30%
- Fault Diagnosis Time Reduction 40% 40%
- Electrical Design Time Reduction 50% 50%
- Service Documentation Time Reduction 80% 80%
- ECO Reduction 90% 90%
True model-based enterprise
Electrical design optimization, verification, manufacture, documentation, and maintenance is now only feasible using sophisticated methods. Model based tools deliver substantial automation. Errors and inefficiencies are avoided, and engineers freed for creative problem solving.
Functionality examples leveraging these principles include:
- Automate difficult or repetitive tasks.
- Simulate, verify, or optimize designs and manufacturing processes.
- Efficiently meet compliance mandates.
- Re-use or re-purpose assets while protecting IP.
- Improve after sales operations.
- Foster engineering innovation.