HyperLynx® Thermal analyzes board-level thermal conditions on placed, partially routed, or fully routed PCBs. It simulates conduction, convection and radiation, and produces temperature profiles, gradients, and excess temperature maps, resolving board and component overheating early in the design process.
By adjusting the design using what-if scenarios, engineers and PCB designers can reduce mean time between failures by as much as 50 percent, improving product quality and ultimately decreasing warranty costs.
Find component and PCB hot spots quickly and efficiently
Full thermal analysis
Understand what impacts board temperatures
- Import and analyze single-sided, double-sided, and multi-layer boards with irregular shapes and reference-plane discontinuities
- Boards and daughter cards can be placed near the edge or interior of a cabinet, and moved during “what-if” analysis
- Snapshot full PCB temperature profiles, including conductive, radiative and convective heat transfer to develop viable solutions for component overheating
- Accuracy within +/- 10%
- Improves reliability predictions with precise calculation of junction temperatures
- Finite difference schemes computed with self-adaptive locally refined meshes, producing extremely fast yet accurate results
- Quickly analyze component temperature constraint violations across the entire board, alerting engineers to potential trouble spots such as stress-inducing temperature gradients
- Ships with a large set of fully defined PCB components; create your own component models in a matter of seconds
HyperLynx Thermal - On Demand Webinar
PCB Designers – The New Thermal Analysis Experts
This webinar covers common causes of thermal problems on a PCB and how to address those problems quickly and effectively using the PCB thermal analysis capabilities of PADS ES and HyperLynx. Optimize your PCB thermal design by doing thermal analysis and simulation early in your design cycle.