HyperLynx Fast 3D Solver
HyperLynx® Fast 3D Solver enables efficient, full package model creation with multi-processing for faster turnaround time. It is ideally suited for power integrity, low-frequency SSN/SSO, and complete-system SPICE model generation while accounting for skin effect impact on resistance and inductance.
Fast solver technologies enable rapid simulation on single and multiple cores. It is 20x-100x faster than other equivalent solutions and maintains full-3D gold-standard EMQS accuracy. The intuitive GUI enables users working with the latest system-in-package (SiP), package-on-package (PoP), stacked die, and multi-chip module (MCM) scenarios to easily extract accurate models with minimum extraneous effort on boundary conditions and port definitions.
Whether the specific application is related to a high-performance microprocessor design, a low-cost ASIC and system design, power integrity, signal integrity, or simultaneous switching noise, effective solutions are available for all design types.
Fast, full-package extraction
High capacity quasistatic solver and hybrid/multi-core support combine for fast, full-package extraction while capturing all 3D effects.
RLGC, SPICE, and IBIS generation
Extract simulation models of your complex packages for downstream customer use or perform fast analysis of combined chip-package-board design parasitics.
Support for the most popular RDL, package and board formats, and a powerful Python scripting interface ensure an efficient, well-integrated flow.
- Loss modeling: capture the DC and skin-depth based high-frequency behavior of resistance and inductance.
- Tight integration with existing design flows plus quasi-static 3D SI and PI solution in the same software framework.
- Simultaneous switching analysis including simultaneous handling of power and signal nets of significantly different impedance.
- Features GDS, package and board import capability from all industry standard formats as well as intuitive and fast 3D model merging and combining utilities within an integrated workspace.
- Broadband behavior is represented using a single frequency-independent circuit in the output SPICE mode.
- A deep IP and rich feature list enables users to choose from multiple extraction modes and design-critical features.
- Obtain impedance, resistance, conductance, capacitance, inductance, and complete SPICE netlists, with or without skin-effect frequency dependence, place chip layers and multiple packages and package types on boards and observe electrical behavior through the integrated chip through system.
- Directly imports geometry in widely used CAD formats and produces output models that are compatible with standard circuit simulation engines.
- Rapidly and accurately extract reliable and complete SPICE models in a fully automated manner for a variety of applications including chip interfaces, redistribution layers, packages, boards, systems, and SiPs.
Electromagnetic Modeling of Three Dimensional Integrated Circuits
This paper focuses on a fundamental aspect of design technology for 3DICs: Understanding the electromagnetic behavior of 3D structures and how to model them in practice.
It examines novel electromagnetic modeling aspects of 3DICs, in particular the use of silicon substrates such as silicon interposer, redistribution layer (RDL) and Through Silicon Via (TSV). Furthermore, this paper demonstrates how to model electromagnetic properties of silicon substrates, RDL and TSV, how to capture the physical effects in a full 3D solver, and how to incorporate these models into electromagnetic simulation tools. Includes examples that illustrate the techniques covered.