Getting Started: Organizing and Using Rules
This video contains training and discussion on core basic concepts of HyperLynx DRC, object lists, and rule groups.
HyperLynx® DRC performs PCB design rule checks for issues affecting EMI/EMC, signal integrity, and power integrity.
Click here to compare the FREE and GOLD Version
Identify signal integrity, power integrity, and EMI issues with eight FREE rules.
Want to expand the Free 8 ruleset with a low-cost Gold subscription it’s $299 for three months, or $995 annually.
HyperLynx DRC includes a core set of rule checks, and offers extensive customizability. It accesses database objects through the automation object model (AOM), and allows advanced geometrical operations on these objects. This offers unique access to the design database and allows development of highly variable rule checks.
Electrical Signoff (ESO)
Manage the ESO process for first-time, electrically-correct PCB design with HyperLynx DRC.
Supports built-in and custom rules
Powerful DRC rule capabilities
Intuitive, easy-to-use graphical interface
- Support for designs created in Mentor and non-Mentor PCB flows, as well as ODB++ and IPC-2581 formats
- Built-in rules, which can be parameterized, scan and flag areas of potential EMI, SI, and PI problems on PCBs
- Electrical rule checks quickly screen and identify nets for further analysis or simulation
- Powerful DRC capabilities allow for implementation of complex rules for all aspects of electrical rule checking
- Intuitive graphical interface presents comprehensive results in a spreadsheet format, sortable by user selection
- Standard DRCs perform comprehensive board design reviews to identify traces crossing splits, reference plane changes, decoupling capacitor placement, shielding issues, and via checks (available rules vary by configuration)
- Database object access through the automation object model (AOM)
- Ability to share design violations with others using ShareLists in HTML format
- Cross-probe between board viewer and location of design violation (HyperLynx DRC Standard and Developer editions only)
- Script writing and debugging environment (Developer only)
- Custom rule creation with extensive customization (Developer only)
- Thorough documentation of AOM and DRC coding standards (Developer only)
HyperLynx DRC Virtual Lab
Get immediate, hands-on access to many HyperLynx DRC features. Built-in data files and tutorials that will help you become familiar with HyperLynx DRC working environment, its key concepts and terms. You’ll understand the power of HyperLynx DRC for layout design review.